Take your students out to the school sand pit or garden and let them be archaeologists for the day! After being forced to work online for so long, students will really love getting out of the classroom and in to the great outdoors for a fun, hands-on outdoor lesson with real archaeological tools and methods.
Set up the dig site with the trench pegs and string line into a grid square pattern. Bury the artefacts provided and have the students dig up the artefacts with the trowels and brushes, all whilst keeping the items in context. Photographic scales are provided so that the items can be photographed, measured and drawn in-situ. Students are provided with worksheets similar to those used by real archaeologists to record their finds.
A nice storage box is provided so that you can store the kit until its next use. You will get many years of use out of this kit!
Great to use with:
- Year 7 History- Investigating the Ancient World
- Year 9 & 10 Elective History- History, Heritage & Archaeology
- Year 11 & 12 Ancient History- Investigating Ancient History
- Open Day displays
- Subject Selection displays for History
- Storage Box
- Trowels x 6
- Trench Pegs x 6
- String Line
- Tape Measure
- Photography Scale x 6
- Dinosaur Bones
- Assorted replica ancient items (may include coins, ankhs, scarabs, jewellery etc)
We recommend adding buckets to your dig!
If you have missed out on the original stock, please place a pre-order by leaving your contact information at email@example.com and you will receive the "Dig Kit" after our next shipment.
* Please allow 20-40 business days for delivery due to Covid-19 delays.
* Colours and styles may vary depending on stock availability